Privacy Week: 11

 After watching Juan Enriquez Ted talk I started to feel like I have heard something similar to it in the past. It reminded me of what my dad used to tell me and that was if you put something online it stays there. He always told me to be careful about what I post because it could affect my future. Juan talked about how tattoos were just like the internet as they both tell a story about who you are as a person. The internet is just like Juan said an “electronic tattoo” that you can’t get rid of. Another great thing he brought up was facial recognition which I even use myself and would have never thought twice about how powerful it could be. If someone were to use it against me and scan my face they could get all my records and information. Also, companies like Google, Facebook, Instagram, and more are finding out so much about us and what we like by tracking our history and what we are interested in. The internet is finding out more and more about us every time we enter it. It important that we are cautious about how we use it and use safe websites. I learned that companies like google take a lot of our information and use it to interest us more. Overall it is very important how you use information because it is constantly taking information from us to learn about us and what we are like which could be bad if it got in the wrong hands. Also if you think that something is not smart to post then it probably is not and it could cost you a job. Everything is permanent on the internet even if you delete it is most likely still out there somewhere. The main takeaway from this is that it’s extremely important to teach people now and definitely at a young age to be careful about what they post because it could affect them in the future.






https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fu1C-oBdsMM 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Podcast EOTO

Supreme Court

Week 13 EOTO